This wiki focus exclusively on the modding knowledge and capabilities of the map editor for Ubisoft's game Heroes of Might and Magic V (HoMMV). Here you will find walkthroughs, map making and modding guides.
Make sure you follow our community rules.
Want more information about Might and Magic Franchise? Click here.
- Introduction - What is a heroes V mod?
- Modding Tools
- What are PAK files?
- What are XDB (XML) Files?
- XDB (XML) Reference
- Creature and Hero Stats, Skills, and Abilities
- Add and remove creatures' Abilities and Spells
- Modifying Creatures stats
Music, Sounds and Texts
Textures & Animations
- Import creature models/animations from Heroes 7 to Heroes V
- Texture modding
- Texture Editing
- Transparency 101
- Modding Animations
Scripting and Assembly
- LUA fundamentals
- LUA implementation in heroes V
- LUA common functions
- LUA Adventure mode environment
- Add new skill
Heroes V Frameworks
- Heroes V engine
- New Creature Framework (NCF)
- New Hero Class Framework (NHCF)
- Might & Magic: Heroes 5.5 Framework (MMH55)
- Beginning Map-Making Guide
- Adding Splash Screens and Thumbnails
- Adding Random Mixed Neutrals
- Map Property Reference
- The Essentials of Masking